This was a renovation project for a deteriorating stadium in the Ganjingzi District in Dalian City, Liaoning, China. It is a space for youths to hold training camps and go through athlete training. At the same time, it is a public space that is open to the local community, and it is used to host the community’s sport meets. The key elements to this design included circulation appropriate to the unique site conditions and a symbolic wall in the spectators’ seating area designed to represent the stadium as a space for public activities, in addition to the client’s requests for minimal costs and speedy construction.。
- Architect ： Satru Yamashiro＋Fan Yue＋buildingLandscape＋DUT institute of UrbanPlanning/Architectural Design Research
- Detailed design：Satoru Yamashiro＋Fan Yue＋buildingLandscape＋DUT institute of UrbanPlanning/Architectural Design Research＋China Northeast Architectural Design & Research Institute Co, ltd.
- Design period ： Scheme Design April 2012-July 2012
- Detailed design period : August 2012-October 2012
- Principal use ： Elementary School
- Location ： Ganjingzi District of Dalian City Tanchengzi
- Site area：15,000㎡
- Total area：11,000㎡
- Scale ： 5 stories, 1st basement
- Photographer ： Zou Lei.