This was an architectural design project that suggests the possibilities of mass timber buildings through its use of mokuso (layered wood) walls with semi-fireproof qualities in a load-bearing wooden wall structure; buildingLandscape was involved in the development of these walls as well. A conventional frame is combined with thick LVL boards and an LVL board structure stands symbolically on the main elevation to the south. The 150mm-thick, layered LVL surface is exposed on the inside, and on the outside, a 30mm-thick LVL finish is applied to the LVL structural skeleton.
Miyamura Veterinary Clinic(Completed in October 2015)
- Architect : Toshihiko Suzuki／Atelier OPA + Takao Nishizawa／buildingLandscape
- Supervision of LVL design ：Satoru Yamashiro
- Structure/Fireproof engineer : Team Sakura
- Mechanical engineer ： Pilotis
- Lighting design ： Izumi Okayasu Lighting Design
- Design period : January 2014～March 2015
- Construction period：April 2015～October 2015
- General contractor : Daiwa Koumuten Co. ltd.
- Principal use : Animal hospital with hospitalization facilities
- Location : Edogawa-ku, Tokyo
- Total area : 246㎡
- Scale : 3 stories
- Photographer : Sadamu Saito, buildingLandscape
- Award : Japan Wood Design Award 2015、19th Mokuzai Katsuyou concours（木材活用コンクール）Director of the Forestry Agency Award（2016）