In this project, wooden spaces using layered LVL walls – a material that buildingLandscape has been experimenting with in terms of construction methods and spaces – were developed in a three-dimensional fashion. In this project, we took on two challenges: 1. Developing a construction method of creating layered LVL panels that can be attached to a frame; 2. Not only creating LVL panels that adhere to existing laws on semi-fireproof buildings, but also designing sections of the exterior walls in which the panels also play a structural role.
LWB Bando-bashi(Completed in November 2010)
- Architect ： Satoru Yamashiro＋buildingLandscape
- Structural enginner ： Jun Sato Structural Engineers Co., Ltd.
- Mechanical engineer : buildingLandscape
- Furniture design and fabrication ： camp
- General contractor ： TH-1
- Principal use : Private House
- Location ： Minami-ku, Yokohama city, Kanagawa
- Structure ： Steel Structure
- Scale ： 3 stories
- Site area ： 81.17㎡
- Building area ： 54.17㎡
- Total area ： 162.51㎡
- Award ： Good Design Award 2011（2011）